eBay and Genealogy

Nathaniel Freeman Signature
One source for genealogy that is often overlooked is eBay.  That’s right, eBay.  You can find AMAZING things on there.  I have searches saved for some of my ancestors and when items that fit that criteria go on it will alert me.  Just before Christmas last year I had one of those alerts for Nathaniel Freeman pop up.   Nathaniel Freeman is my 5th great grandfather.  He’s also my proven Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) patriot.  

He’s a pretty impressive person.  I wrote a blog about him in 2015.  Nathaniel Freeman Blog

He was a doctor, a lawyer and one of the first members of the Massachusetts House of Representatives in 1775.  He was almost murdered by some Torrey’s which left a scar on his face for the rest of his life.   

A hand-written letter written by Nathaniel in 1818 was posted on eBay and I HAD to have it!  How many people have authentic hand-written letters penned by their 5th great-grandfather?!  I won the auction.  It was my Christmas gift to myself.  

 I need to bring it to my DAR meeting for show and tell.  They will love it! 




Nathaniel Freeman letter
Original wax seals 
Content of letter

Comments

Popular Posts