My journey into my family genealogy and the inspiration for this blog

I have decided to start a blog on all the findings of my family genealogy.  I unearth stories and secrets and I want to be able to share them with my family and those interested.  Instead of talking to individual people and emailing the same thing over and over I figured why not just do a blog about what I find and then everyone can see it!  

Only trouble is that I have zero experience in blogging.  I'm am a little computer savvy but not in a technical way AT ALL.  So this is going to be a learning process.  But with all these great stories and discoveries I just can't keep it all to myself. I'm just bubbling over with all these people and stories in my head.  It's like I'll burst from all the dates, places and people!  I feel a duty now to be the keeper of the past for my family (hence the name of my blog).  

Some people are innovators and look towards the future.  Then there's people like me.  I have had a love of old cemeteries as long as I can remember.  Old photos, vintage jewelry, stories passed down, etc. they all make me smile and excited.  I love the past.  I can get lost in the past. I love going to old cities and visualizing what life might have been like back then.  I read books that involve the past or if the book bounces back and forth between the present and past I'm in heaven!!!  We all have a path in life and mine is in the past.  Don't get me wrong.  I love living life now in this time.  But the past is fun to me - learning about it and sharing that information.  I consider myself a historian.  Granted I don't have the secular education to be called a historian but I know I'm not an innovator.  I'm a historian.  At 43 years old I finally know what I want to be when I grow up! 

My goal with this blog is to share in the information I discover about my family tree.  I hope to discover more "cousins" along the way and gather more information on this big puzzle that is our past and the people that made us who we are today.  Share old photos, travel to locations where my ancestors have walked, visit some of their still existing homes, honor their memory, visit and take care of their graves, learn more and more about genealogy, help other to dig more into their family tree, and the list goes on and on!  

Feel free to share tips, stories pictures with me etc.  I will welcome and love them all!

Comments

Popular Posts